starting strength gym

Thread: 4 days on 4 days off

Default 4 days on 4 days off

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I work 4 days on 4 days off out of town with no access to a gym on the days I work. What would be the best use of the 4 days off I have in a row. I feel like lifting only 2 of those days wouldn't be enough. Let me know what you guys think

You may want to help us by letting us know how old you are, how y’all you are, how much you weigh, whether you’re a novice or post novice, and what you’ve been doing for training and the nature of the work.

Additionally, is this a one time scheduling issue or going to be a reoccurring thing?

How tall, not how y’all.

It can certainly be done regardless of training history.
    It is not perfect, but 4 days off is not going to detrain you.

I would lift 3 or 4 of those days you have off. If you are still a novice you may have to do a upper lower split to get two exposures ( this makes it two sessions per 8 day week, it’s not that out of the ordinary.)

I'm still a novice. 5'7" 150lbs up from 120lbs when I started. This is a permanent work schedule. I started with Wendler's 5/3/1 for six months and liked the idea of focussing on one main movement per day with a supplementary lift and some accessory work. It basically works out to Upper/lower/upper/lower/off/off/off/off

starting strength coach development program
    A non trivial part of this whole thing is what you want and what you will actually do. I’m not a huge fan of 5/3/1, but if you’re going to do that and be consistent, that will be better than not training or not wanting to train.

I’d split it like this:
    1- Heavy Bench (1x5, 4x5), Light Press (3x5, about 5-10% off of heavy day from previous 4 days)
    2 - Heavy Squat, paused or 1” deficit DL
    3- Heavy Press, close Grip Bench
    4- Light Squat, Heavy DL (just one top set).

But that’s only a suggestion.