starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To do more or to do less?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpertOrBust View Post
    I'm still in the novice phase so I can't add anything on the volume & RPE questions. I will say that HRV monitoring is a good way to understand your recovery and readiness to perform. No it won't tell you what you should lift for a session but it a good metric for looking at trends over time of the how you are adapting to the training stress & all the other stress in your life. The phone apps for it make very easy to use and 1 minute measurement with your phone's camera is hard to beat for efficiency. I recommend the app from HRV4training.com (no financial interest just satisfied user). There is a look of good information out there on how to use HRV.

And Isabella von Weissenberg in the video is quite impressive.
    I’m familiar with HRV. Tracked it for quite a while.

I don’t share your opinion of its value.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpertOrBust View Post
    I'm still in the novice phase so I can't add anything on the volume & RPE questions. I will say that HRV monitoring is a good way to understand your recovery and readiness to perform. No it won't tell you what you should lift for a session but it a good metric for looking at trends over time of the how you are adapting to the training stress & all the other stress in your life. The phone apps for it make very easy to use and 1 minute measurement with your phone's camera is hard to beat for efficiency. I recommend the app from HRV4training.com (no financial interest just satisfied user). There is a look of good information out there on how to use HRV.

And Isabella von Weissenberg in the video is quite impressive.
    I used that app for a couple of years and the fact that I no longer use it is all the testament to the value it provided I am going to give.

Evaluating day of lifting performance is a better metric.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123