starting strength gym

Thread: Intergrating DL

Default Intergrating DL

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello fellas,
    Recently I'm using weighted variations of bodyweight exercises (handstand pushups, one-arm chin/weighted chins or pullups/weighted dips, one-arm pushups, weighted pistols squats). So I want to integrate deadlifting into my routine (total 3 WOs per week). One more conditionality, I have access to barbell only once a week.
    Any ideas?
    Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by cecowe View Post
    Hello fellas,
    Recently I'm using weighted variations of bodyweight exercises (handstand pushups, one-arm chin/weighted chins or pullups/weighted dips, one-arm pushups, weighted pistols squats). So I want to integrate deadlifting into my routine (total 3 WOs per week). One more conditionality, I have access to barbell only once a week.
    Any ideas?
    Thank you in advance.
    What are you asking about?

You want suggestions for loading the deadlift motor pattern without a barbell?

MON DL + weighted chins/pullups or one-arm pullups/chins - 5x5 for both OR 1x5 for dl and 5x5 for chins?
    WED weighted dips + one-arm pushups 5x5 for both
    FRI weighted pistol squats + handstand pushups 5x5 for both

Is it programmed well?

If you're limited to 1 day a week of training in a proper gym I would Squat, Press, DL ramping up to a single set of one to five reps, and then backing off with 2-5 extra sets of 3-8 reps for more volume. There are countless ways to program it.

The other two days you can do your bodyweight circuits. Getting a pair of rings will help to further increase intensity and I also strongly advise in favour of adding some sort of harop curl / natural ghr, it will aid in strengthening the same muscles you use for deadlifts.