starting strength gym

Thread: TM or back to NLP after overtraining?

Default TM or back to NLP after overtraining?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 260

End of LP Lifts as of January 1 2018
    Squat 375 3x5 (failed at 380)
    Press 175 3x5
    Bench 245 3x5
    DL 395x5

I'll be brief as possible. Finished my LP and changed to TM, after 1 week of TM I got sick, I deloaded about 10% and picked things back up. The following week I lined up a session with Phill Meggers in Omaha to check out my lifts, Things went pretty good. We had some extra time after Squat, Press and DL so we worked some Cleans and Snatches. Days after words I felt like run down garbage, that whole week every weight expect the empty bar felt like the weight of the world and I had no "pep" or explosion in any of my lifts (bottom of squat and bottom of Press especially). My assessment was that the overall intensity and added volume of my session with Phil overtrained me, and pushing through a volume day with TM 2 days after just made things worse. This week I took Monday off and today (Wednesday) I warmed up and tried doing a few reps at about 80% of my previous 5rm. Things feel better but I can tell I lost quite a bit.

My question is: Where do I go from here?
    - Do I deload even more than previously and get back on TM?
    OR
    - Do I do a quick run of NLP to get my lifts back to where they were previously?

Also as a side note, I have messaged the admin about verifying my account. I'm waiting for a response.

Brent Carter is offline Owner, Starting Strength Dallas
    Starting Strength Coach

I would do a quick run of LP and get back to within 5% of your previous PRs. Then back to TM.

Perfect. Thanks for clearing that up.