starting strength gym

Thread: Change of programming in order(i think)for baseball season

Default Change of programming in order(i think)for baseball season

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    ok So I have been doing Andys' 5/3/1 variation(sets across)for several months now and have slowly made progress. I am talking 5-10 pounds every 3 weeks while also playing basketball and doing some conditioning. Im also not really looking to gain any weight but rather just get stronger over time and perhaps recomp a little bit(sitting at about 18ish% right now 5'9" 190). But baseball season is about to begin and I know that im going to have to miss training days for rainouts/make up games and etc. So I was thinking of setting up some type of westside style program that maybe I could do some DE/ME (parent lift or variant) on the same lift every time I train. I dont really know how much stronger Im going to get by not gaining weight but Im going to pretend I am. Is this a good idea to combine the two and if so should I do the DE first or the ME first in the workout?

for reference my stats are a 470 high bar squat a 600 deadlift 315 bench and 215 press if that helps in any way

Brent Carter is offline Owner, Starting Strength Dallas
    Starting Strength Coach

I'll be honest here I don't have a whole lot of experience with west side methodologies. That said I think it makes sense to prefer an undulating program if your schedule is unruly. When doing DE/ME in the same session I think ME usually comes first.