starting strength gym

Thread: HLM Program for 59 year old female

Default HLM Program for 59 year old female

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi, I've been following SS since December and worked with a SSOC until this week. We had to reset my NLP quite a few times and at the end we were really doing maybe a single set of heavy lifts, followed by 3-4 backoff sets. So I guess in reality we were not really following the NLP. So now I have ended the SSOC but my coach said I needed to move on to Intermediate program and wrote up a beginning HLM for me. My current numbers are Squat 115, Bench 69, Press 53, DL 170. Just wondering if the Intermediate is the way to go, and if so, how much should I back off between the H_L_M lifts? My Heavy squat was 115, then I was backed off to 85, and next squat, tomorrow, will be 95. Then heavy on Friday will be 117.5.

Brent Carter is offline Owner, Starting Strength Dallas
    Starting Strength Coach

If you have been working with a coach since December and their advice is intermediate programming that persons insight is likely far more informed than reading three lines on this here post.

HLM is likely a good choice for someone in your demographic. The general rule of thumb is Heavy day you are setting new PR's, light day is 80%, medium is 90%.