starting strength gym

Thread: Question on Barbell prescription old man HLM weight increases ?

Default Question on Barbell prescription old man HLM weight increases ?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    On my last week of the transition to HLM and I didn't notice anything about when to try and increase the weight on the bar. As all the other days except the heavy day are percentage reductions, is the suggestion to increase weight on the heavy day when doing the 4/5 sets of 5 ? It's probably me just misreading the instructions because that would seem the worst point at which to add weight to the bar-intensity and volume on the heavy day seems a bit tough ?

It's a week long program. If you get the reps on heavy day, you add weight for the next week.

Yes, the H day of HLM is kind of hard. But the rest of the week is like a vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Schudt View Post
    It's a week long program. If you get the reps on heavy day, you add weight for the next week.

Yes, the H day of HLM is kind of hard. But the rest of the week is like a vacation.
    Add weight on the H day as I feared then. I'm going to buy some hen feathers and glue to micro-load. Actually I ended up making it not so much a vacation by doing more than I was supposed to.