starting strength gym

Thread: Time constrained and group, here we go

Default Time constrained and group, here we go

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I recently was afforded an oppritunity to work with a group of around 10 exercisers age 30-55 who are trying to build strength. I have 2 days back to back with 30 mins a session. I know these are not ideal circumstances but I think if I can show some initial improvement I will get a chance to get more time with them. Here is the program I am thinking of running.

A- Squat 3x5
    B-Press 3x5
    C-Deadlift 3x5
    D-Bench 3x5

Week 1 AB Week 2 CD alternating back and forth. If I can get them working efficiently I may be able to go 4x5 for extra volume. Anyone else have experience working with a short time clock?

What you've sketched is probably the best option. How many racks/bars do you have?

Are they complete novices? How much form teaching will you need to do? What's the height span of the group?

Ill have 2 racks and 3-4 bars. They all have some exercise experience but very little barbell background so week 1 will likely be instructional vs training. Unknown height span but with only 1 male we will likely be able to make it work with rack heights.

Be ready for the bench press to be the biggest time-suck in a group setting with limited time. Deadlifts are usually the easiest in group settings followed by the press. A lot of the time, I'll hold of on the bench press until the group is generally good at doing at least two of the other lifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Illingworth View Post
    Be ready for the bench press to be the biggest time-suck in a group setting with limited time. Deadlifts are usually the easiest in group settings followed by the press. A lot of the time, I'll hold of on the bench press until the group is generally good at doing at least two of the other lifts.
    Makes sense, hopefully within a month I can convince them to put aside more time and get them on a novice LP.