starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: strength peak, now what?

Default strength peak, now what?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    so, I've just hit my strength peak with the 3x5 method and If I want to get any stronger I would have to put on more muscle mass, entering an intermediate training program. But since my main sport is Grappling I do not want to go up in weight class. So I was wondering if its possible to keep the 5 rep program once a week to maintain my strength? The rest of training is prioritized to strength endurance specific to BJJ

Brent Carter is offline Owner, Starting Strength Dallas
    Starting Strength Coach

Need more context.

I've peaked in strength on the starting strength method and would like to know if I can maintain my strength gains with a once a week session (3x5).

Starting Strength Coach

This is not context. Context is what was your week of training leading up to your "peak" (a horribly imprecise word in this circumstance). How old are you, how much do you weigh, what are your numbers, etc.

would like to know if I can maintain my strength gains with a once a week session (3x5).

You can do whatever you want. You hardly need my permission.

you are stuck on whether or not I've actually peaked and it's not the focus of my question. Maybe I need to reform it: Can a person maintain strength gains with once a week strength training sessions? I'm aware I can do whatever I want. But I'm obviously not here on this forum to do so

Starting Strength Coach

Ah, thank you for clarifying. In that case the answer to your question is.... are you ready for it.... drum roll please....

Yes. Well, probably anyway...

do you have a smart ass attitude towards everyone on this Forum? The extra commentary is unnecessary and unwanted. You come off as sensitive person or maybe angry about something. You need not reply to any more of my posts thank you

Starting Strength Coach

I give you the mildest amount of sass and I'm the one who is sensitive? You ask a question about how not to get stronger on the starting strength forum, get a Chevy Chase meme and I'm the one that's sensitive? Here I got another one for ya:

Now I think if you had taken some time to read on this forum (as well as the books which you clearly haven't read) you will find that I have helped a great many people. Legitimate questions get legitimate answers and I do genuinely want to help folks. I will remind you that I do not get paid for this. That I have a full time job and two part time jobs all of which revolve around coaching. I do this in what little spare time I have.

I liked wizzel's "music warp caused by deadlifting and weed" thread much more than this "strength peak" one. That said, the dude must be a real monster to have hit peak strength though.

starting strength coach development program
    Perhaps you ought to put up a trigger warning in one of the stickies, coach?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast