starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to fit deads and push presses on in season program??

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby32 View Post
    Eric Larousse, by not a limit set do you mean leave on rep in the tank? Or leave even more in the tank? And is the 3x5 70% of 1rm or 70% of the triple/double?
    70 percent for 3x5 of close to a 1rm then just hit like 90% for a double or 85% for a triple

Nicky85, I looked into the 531 you recommended. Do you think I could do the juggernaut method 2.0 without assistance work, instead of 531 with assistance work in season? The juggernaut would be more volume on the main lifts, but zero assistance. Or should I do 531 with assistance in case the volume on the main lifts is too taxing?

Bobby, I don't have an opinion about juggernaut method, I haven't tried it. Basically you need to find out what works for you, meaning show up fresh in practice/games. 531 offers that because you can add some volume in the form of back off sets, some FSL as described in the book if you feel fresh or you can do the bare minimum if you feel like shit. If you can predict the hard days you can also go with some HLM program, personally I have put H day away from practice and L/M around practice where I am just surviving but still able to do a light or medium day. Hard to manage both sports and lifting you have to chose.

I’d consider the Heavy/Light approach for 2 days a week. Heavy day pulling (Tuesday) would be DLs. Light day (Thursday) pulling would be power cleans.

starting strength coach development program
    Ok thanks guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12