starting strength gym

Thread: Pulling frequency and sore lower back

Default Pulling frequency and sore lower back

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm a 49-year-old intermediate lifter who for the last few years has been experiencing significant low back soreness after deadlift day (2 sets of 5-6 reps at RPE of 9 - 9.5). Switching to a trap bar deadlift helped, but not as much as I'd like. I'm making steady progress, which is why I've stuck with what I've been doing, but the low back related cost is too high for me to do this indefinitely. I was thinking about switching to 2x per week deadlifts, but only one set and with one of the days at reduced intensity (like RPE 8). Any thoughts on whether this might be a viable option or, if not, what else might be worth trying, would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.B. View Post
    I'm a 49-year-old intermediate lifter who for the last few years has been experiencing significant low back soreness after deadlift day (2 sets of 5-6 reps at RPE of 9 - 9.5). Switching to a trap bar deadlift helped, but not as much as I'd like. I'm making steady progress, which is why I've stuck with what I've been doing, but the low back related cost is too high for me to do this indefinitely. I was thinking about switching to 2x per week deadlifts, but only one set and with one of the days at reduced intensity (like RPE 8). Any thoughts on whether this might be a viable option or, if not, what else might be worth trying, would be greatly appreciated.
    Let see your deadlift.(video)
    Current lifts? BW ? Height?