starting strength gym

Thread: Baker Strength TM and assistance exercises

Default Baker Strength TM and assistance exercises

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I saw this post by Coach Andy Baker today Adding Assistance Work to The Four Day Texas Method - Andy Baker

I am quite interested in this particular topic because I am about to (within 2 weeks) start my own TM using the 4 day split in 3 days TM prescribed by Andy here:
    3 or 4 day Texas Method? Why Not Both? - Andy Baker

My reasons for this are: 1) I really want to give TM another go 2) I struggle with recovery 3) I want to see what may happen if I can gut this out with 12 weeks before switching to an HLM, etc.

My question for you all (and especially Coach Baker if you're reading), how might I best integrate assistance to the 4 day split in 3 days TM with the above article in mind? Should I modify the TM split at all from what he posts in the second article?

Thanks for your input!

Yeah, I like the version from the newest article best. It works better for most people. I like the dose of volume and intensity at each session. The other way tends to be very hit or miss. It will work really well for some and not so much for others

Andy is the Texas Method appropriate for someone who is not gaining weight but isn't losing weight in your opinion?

I have been doing your ebook variation for a few months now with a couple of tweaks along the way and while I have not gained any bodyweight I have increased my strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker (KSC) View Post
    Yeah, I like the version from the newest article best. It works better for most people. I like the dose of volume and intensity at each session. The other way tends to be very hit or miss. It will work really well for some and not so much for others
    Hey Andy,
    Can this 4 day tm setup be used with a bit more volume on the main lifts for after a pl meet? For example a heavy/volume split using the same setup in your article but the heavy day is up to a top set of 5 (indicator of progress with good bar speed/form) then 4x5-10%? This would run for 4-6 weeks then taper into more of a tm sets/reps setup. Thanks andy, wishing you a speedy recovery.