starting strength gym
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Looking for advice

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by convergentsum View Post
    See, this is why Americans are so despised by the wider international community. It's date/month/year, assholes.
    Ah, so it’s now less impressive. Got it.

Also, go see a coach; you’re going to drop that BP on your face.

Quote Originally Posted by DeanT View Post
    This makes me laugh...I just got back from a couple months in London and the date always screwed me up. I’ll give you the date thing but good lord provide more than 1 ice cube in the glass, 150ml is only a shot of Coke Zero and get a higher deodorant participation rate. The elevator to the flat smelled like butt or arm pit every time. 😀
    That's fair comment.

See, this is why Americans are so despised by the wider international community. It's date/month/year, assholes.
    Fuck the wider international community. Seriously. But most especially, I'm real tired of children trying to tell me my business.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Fuck the wider international community. Seriously. But most especially, I'm real tired of children trying to tell me my business.
    I'm not telling you anything. I'm asking you, what's so bad about dup that the already chubby op should rather gain weight to extend his lp?

That's fair comment.
    I know this is off topic, but that's funny as hell. I went to the UK 15 years ago and had this exact encounter with getting ice the whole trip. Went during a record breaking heat wave in London. Asked a bartender for ice and he looked at me like I was crazy. He got a little hotel ice bucket out and proceeded to drop a single cube into my warm water. The cube dissolved in seconds. I said "thank you sir". Love the UK otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Ah, so it’s now less impressive. Got it.

Also, go see a coach; you’re going to drop that BP on your face.
    If you thought 23kg in 5 days was reasonable, you must be accustomed marketing and bullshit. How's your past 4 months' progress been? I'll contact my nearest SSC when I stall, for now I'll just be brave.

I'm not telling you anything. I'm asking you, what's so bad about dup that the already chubby op should rather gain weight to extend his lp?
    It's a free country I suppose (more so than mine, some would claim), but still it's an odd choice to go to the trouble of finding my instagram account just so you can tell me you don't care about what you found there, when you don't have the time for discussion of actual training.

There are a lot of debates on the internet about the theory of programming. At the end of day, you're always going to do better with a coach. This is important:

Squatting 405 lbs at 40 | Jeremy Wooden

Note that these are squats to full depth observed by an SSC.

"It has been humbling to repeatedly observe that the HS&C clients – including my wife – who’ve sought coaching at the beginning of their training have needed far less coaching than I have needed."

"So, don’t be me. Seek professional help. Do it now. Do it right the first few times. It will ultimately save you money, spare you inconvenience, and get you to where you’re going faster."

The best advice for novices, yet the hardest to implement, due to the usual lack of resources or prioritization for training at the very beginning. Too many people (yours truly included) have to come to this realization on their own after wasting too much time. What's even worse is simply giving up.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Jackson View Post
    There are a lot of debates on the internet about the theory of programming. At the end of day, you're always going to do better with a coach. This is important:

Squatting 405 lbs at 40 | Jeremy Wooden

Note that these are squats to full depth observed by an SSC.
    That's a non-sequitur. Agreed, coaching is valuable. But that's no reason not to fix your programming.
    Congrats to Jeremy Wooden. Does he post his log anywhere?

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920