starting strength gym

Thread: Light day pause squat

Default Light day pause squat

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Forgive me if I just failed at the search function (both on the forum and in the books) but I since I keep ending up on my toes on the way up (especially the last rep of a set) I’m thinking pause squats on the light day of an HLM program will help me practice staying over mid foot. Generally how big an offset does one use from heavy day for the light pause squat?

I've found most people without a coach there with them to teach the paused squat, don't actually come to a full and complete stop at the bottom. What you perceive as a pause is actually just slowing down. So film yourself if you can, and adjust set to set by what you see, not how it felt, and start to correlate the reals with the feels.

Next, everyone knows that you need to use a 8.67912% offset for pause squats, and then another 18.8653% offset for light day, so go back and do your calculations, son.

No, really treat it like the first time you did regular squats on day 1 of your LP. Work up to a just barely challenging - but still challenging and not warm-up - set of whatever rep range you're meant to do that day, and use that as your starting point.