starting strength gym

Thread: Working a clean LP into HLM

Default Working a clean LP into HLM

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Wolf, welcome to Texas! 33/M early intermediate just starting HLM after some fits and starts on a 4 day split. Last week I was lucky enough to find an SSC to teach me how to power clean (which I didn’t do during my progression) and I enjoyed the hell out of them and want to figure out how to work them in to my program. I’m literally starting from ground zero (65lbs) and I don’t plan to be an Olympic lifter but I would like to see how far I can take them during this phase of my training. Where should I put them?

Great place to put in for light day pulling slot. They'll be light enough for a while, maybe forever, to be able to do with chins, if you were doing that for light day 'pulls' and don't want to give them up.

Perfect. 5 sets of 3 and add 5lbs a week for as long as that works?

Ya, depending how good you are at them and how hard they get, you can switch to 2.5 jumps as well. Cleans behave somewhat like the bench for people who are decent at them, and more like the press for those who struggle more with them, in terms of their LP potential and rate of adaptation during that earlier period.