Hi Guys,

All my lifts have stalled now
    Squat: 231 x5
    Press:112 x5
    Bench:176 x5
    Deadlift:320 x1

Im 24, 82k - 182cm...

These all seem pretty weak to me...?

Have I just stalled (if so.. what do I do?) or am I done with LP?

Please advise

Cheers,

Eat more.

Did you fix the form issues when you posted in July?

Quote Originally Posted by Garethq1 View Post
    Hi Guys,

All my lifts have stalled now
    Squat: 231 x5
    Press:112 x5
    Bench:176 x5
    Deadlift:320 x1

Im 24, 82k - 182cm...

These all seem pretty weak to me...?

Have I just stalled (if so.. what do I do?) or am I done with LP?

Please advise

Cheers,
    LP ends differently for everyone, so it is tough to gauge by only knowing your lifts. If my conversions are correct, you are about 5'10" and weigh ~180. That is roughly where I am physically, and my lifts are a bit higher. But, I was not a rank novice when I began; I had barbell trained before and my current LP is just regaining what I had, so maybe I am not the best example.

Just read through the "3 Questions" Rip article. If you aren't going to change your body weight/sleep habits, then you might not see much more progress. Or, perhaps some coaching on your form (I haven't seen your form, so might be good).

I have found that eating more carbs helped me push through plateaus.

Here is my log:
    Mid-30s Family Man Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by claywieczorek View Post
    If my conversions are correct, you are about 5'10" and weigh ~180.]
    Not quite, he’s six feet at 185. These are pretty close to my first stall numbers when I ran LP (not SSLP) in my early twenties, although the squat is a lot lower (are you squatting high bar or low bar?).

I agree with Satch: Eat more. Now is the time. Take a look around: How many guys are six feet tall and strong and weigh under 200 pounds? Don’t just eat more; clean up your diet, too. Get enough protein, get enough carbs. That will help you recover from session to session. You can take some fat off later if you want, but you’re not going to build any more muscle if you don’t put on some weight, so that comes first.

Also, why are you deadlifting singles on LP?

Something else; we don't know anything about your recent training history. "Stalling" on all the lifts at once rarely, if ever happens.

"The First Three Questions" article is useful here. We need some more information.

The First Three Questions | Mark Rippetoe

Every single one of these types of posts should get this link before you waste any more time typing.

Thanks for feedback guys,

I have had a coach now for the past 4 months, my form on all lifts is good - until i either fatigue or try lift too much on deadlift... need to work on that.
    I eat 3,300 calories a day - with 1g protein per lb bodyweight

(i have read the first 3 questions... I will not eat 6,000 calories a day - it seems ridiculous - I wont get stronger by getting fatter ... I'll get stronger by building muscle)

I was under the impression I should be lifting singles for deadlift?
    If not ... i presume i just drop the weight and lift 5's with whatever I can manage?

my squat was the first thing to stall closely followed by my deadlift - the press not too much after that and the bench has only just stalled.

... I didn't mention it as I have read the book several times and I know I'm the devil... and stupid - but ... I high bar squat..... I have tried both low bar and high bar for months .. high bar just works better FOR ME.

Cheers,

Then just do what your coach tells you.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Garethq1 View Post
    (i have read the first 3 questions... I will not eat 6,000 calories a day - it seems ridiculous - I wont get stronger by getting fatter ... I'll get stronger by building muscle)
    It seems highly unlikely that the reason you're stalling is anything other than your eating habits.

Maybe you don't need 6000 calories (maybe you do), but you definitely need more. Try to eat more AND add weight to the bar and see what happens. Notice the "AND", it has to be done simultaneously. You will not get fat.

The route you're heading to involves lots and lots of wasted time. (Changing the programming and gaining 0.45lb/week). Trust me, I once had the same perspective as you do.