starting strength gym

Thread: Baker Barbell Club Online Question

Default Baker Barbell Club Online Question

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm a 33 y/o male, 197 pounds, 401 S, 303 B, 500 DL. I heard there is some great results from Andy Baker's Barbell Club. I'm, looking to push my limits and up my total. Andy's peaking program got me my 1200 total so I know his approach works for me. I wanted to ask the following to anyone here in the Baker Barbell Club Online:

1- Can you do it out of a home gym? I have a power rack, pull/dip station, DBs to 90, and bands. Will I be able to follow it pretty closely with this equipment?

2- I'm 4.5 weeks away from my next meet, any reason to join now instead of after my meet as planned?

3- Between meets I follow a Intensity or AMRAP day, and Volume/speed day. Is there a "conjugate" style work out to follow out of the ones he sends each week?

4- If you have a meet in the middle of the 12 week cycle he sends out it there a way of adjusting it to peak for the meet?

Thanks for the info!

1.yes
    2. if you do the powerbuilding track(see#3) you can jump in any time.
    3.powerbuilding track
    4.Andy will help you work it out for your meet.
    5. Do it. you'll be glad you did.

Thank you, sounds good. I think i'll join Friday (1st of the month), I really want it for last minute form checks before my meet in 4 weeks. Then hopefully I can get some nice gains. Being 33 I still think i'm recovering well from my current training, but not 100% sure anymore. Is the powerbuilding track laid out like Andy's post, Bench day is 8/5/2 with chest assistance work, then the next upper day is Press 8/5/2 with shoulder assistant work?

I'm doing the basic barbell track, Let me see if I can get one of the pb track guys on here to answer your questions.