starting strength gym

Thread: Switching from phase 2 to phase 3

Default Switching from phase 2 to phase 3

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Michael,
    i am now doing phase 2 of the NLP and my deadlift is still going up(I did 132.5 kg today).
    In PPST3rd written that after short time i can switch to the 2 weeks schedule and take longer breaks from pulling. When should i do the transision? When i will feel deadlifts is starting to get heavier?

What are you talking about with a 2 weeks schedule? That's not a novice program option. The closest you come to that is DLing every 9-10 days, if you're doing Deadlift/Chin/Power Clean/Chin in your pulling rotation. I personally prefer not to move the DL to less than once a week, and do DL/Chin/PC each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    What are you talking about with a 2 weeks schedule? That's not a novice program option. The closest you come to that is DLing every 9-10 days, if you're doing Deadlift/Chin/Power Clean/Chin in your pulling rotation. I personally prefer not to move the DL to less than once a week, and do DL/Chin/PC each week.
    Oh, I meant that the ABA BAB with added chinups and less pulling will be introduced now. But the question is when is the right time ro do it because in PPST its said after short time so should i do it now or keep pulling until the deadlifts will get much heavier?
    Current lifts PR's are:
    Squat:117.5 kg
    Deadlift:132.5 kg
    Press: 48.75 kg
    Bench press: 68.75 kg
    Power clean: 38.75 kg

The problem as I see it, is that you seem to want a mathematical formula answer for something that is a judgement call.
    "When you get to where pulling heavy 3x every 2 weeks is really hard and exhausting, switch to once a week."
    "But how will I know when it's really hard and exhausting?"
    "You won't and you might fuck up the timing, because you lack the experience to have good judgement. You can hire a coach to have this good judgement for you, or just do the best you can with it like tens of thousands before you, and the consequences of being a week too early or too late with this decision are quite negligible at this stage of your training career."