starting strength gym
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Progress on pressing movements

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    You also could just be trendy.
    Where's your log Satch? What are your lifts? At this point you have little credibility with me for dispensing post-LP advice...

Quote Originally Posted by perman View Post
    And you're too old and set in your ways. At least my stances still update.
    at most.

What happened in the past few decades that made most people decide to argue and bicker about what works best, instead of just figuring it out themselves? Are some people just too chickenshit to try? Maybe too scared to fail? I'd like to know.

Some of you need to turn off the computer, stop analyzing every detail and aspect of this stuff and just lift weights. Find out what works for you and keep doing it. Eat your wheaties, shut your mouth and lift your weights.

Welcome to the Interwebzz Mr. Hutson.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Hutson View Post
    What happened in the past few decades that made most people decide to argue and bicker about what works best, instead of just figuring it out themselves? Are some people just too chickenshit to try? Maybe too scared to fail? I'd like to know.

Some of you need to turn off the computer, stop analyzing every detail and aspect of this stuff and just lift weights. Find out what works for you and keep doing it. Eat your wheaties, shut your mouth and lift your weights.
    Internet is simultaneously the best / worst thing that has ever happened to lifting.

This is a very depressing thread.

The people who have the most faith in current institutional science/literature are the ones who don't know how to critically analyze it. Math skills are also lacking.

It is common for people to cite papers only for rhetoric. They made their conclusion, found an abstract they think supports their cause, refuse to read or analyze the "literature", and then do not respond to logic that runs counter to their conclusion. (Many doctors and researchers knowingly or out of hubris use this tactic... Who cares if the data is good, so long as I can get the grant or sell the product? I am right anyway, so why does the data have to be correct? The bureaucrats/consumers probably won't check into the validity of the citations even if they know how to.)

Think about complexity in programming as a system of levers and joints. What happens at each joint? You lose energy. The more joints you have, the more potential there is to lose energy and the more difficult it is to determine which joint (programming variable) is causing the problem or if multiple joints are and to what extent.

Please, try to run a statistical analysis of all of the codependent and conditional variables - that should give you your answer as to why you should program in the simplest way possible.

(It should really get fun if you mess with variables like mps and properly account for the confidence intervals in the literature.)

Quote Originally Posted by 凤凰来仪 View Post

(It should really get fun if you mess with variables like mps and properly account for the confidence intervals in the literature.)
    MPS is the only variable that matters. That's why I hit every muscle group every 10 hours, with precisely the correct amount of stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Hutson View Post
    Find out what works for you and keep doing it.
    Cool. A few questions:

1. How do I find what works?
    2. How long do you think it takes to "find what works"?
    3. Will it work forever? If not, how do I find the next thing that works?

Quote Originally Posted by 凤凰来仪 View Post

Think about complexity in programming as a system of levers and joints. What happens at each joint? You lose energy. The more joints you have, the more potential there is to lose energy and the more difficult it is to determine which joint (programming variable) is causing the problem or if multiple joints are and to what extent.

Please, try to run a statistical analysis of all of the codependent and conditional variables - that should give you your answer as to why you should program in the simplest way possible.
    This is a useless statement. Everyone wants to program in the simplest way possible. This doesn't mean that you get to assume what variables are useless.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by bracemaker View Post
    MPS is the only variable that matters. That's why I hit every muscle group every 10 hours, with precisely the correct amount of stress.
    You are right. The stress has to be correct, appropriate, not unproductive and at useful intensity range. This is the only type of stress that leads to hypertrophy adaptation long term and is therefore - optimal.

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast