starting strength gym

Thread: Stopping for train for a while

Default Stopping for train for a while

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I decided to stop training for 7 month until i am finishing the army. For now i will be on caloric maintanance and try to stay at the same weight (I weighing 93.5 kg). After this period of time i would need to restart LP?

Yes

Are you sure you have to stop completely? 7 months is a long time. Even hitting each lift once per week, either 2 lifts/day twice per week, or 1 lift/day in 4 short sessions per week would help you stave off complete detraining.

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Spencer View Post
    Are you sure you have to stop completely? 7 months is a long time. Even hitting each lift once per week, either 2 lifts/day twice per week, or 1 lift/day in 4 short sessions per week would help you stave off complete detraining.
    Long story, but i am now serving in the army and the gym here doing but nothing except from talking. We had here 2 barbells year ago and one of them broke completly. then he returned to the gym "welded" from the sides and they said that this is save to train with this barbell. Anyway he broke again and we left only with one rack and one barbell. I bought a barbell feom my own money (The bear 20 kg olympic barbell) and this is the only high quality bar in here. Yesterday the second bar broke and now left only my barbell. Today i decided to take my own barbell from there cause i know that if my was staying there its the only one that people would use. Fuck this, i will now come to the gym and wait hour or two for my training to start. I will check the gym again on sunday and if i will see that they brought a welded barbell again without screws, may they lift with them and risk their lifes, not me.