starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squat LP and the light day

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    After double checking: PPST doesn't explicitly say three sets, you're right about that. I was selectively recalling information from the examples in the book. Your point is taken. I tend to get lost in the details sometimes, so your comment is helpful.

I'm doing standard A/B with a light squat. I'll stick with that for now. I have not added pull ups yet.... Should I?

I'm getting my form looked at this Wednesday by an SSC coach in training, I think theres some forward movement at the bottom of my squat. If I clean that up I can make this last longer. Its not as present in the video, but sometimes I can feel the weight on my toes when its a poorly executed rep that I really grind out.

For reference here is my squat at 315 set 1, 315 Set 2. I think the bar speed is pretty good still and the squat programming is still driving progress.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    That makes you 31-32 now, so you're OK on that score. I would have probably not jumped from 270 to 280 after your vacation, but honestly, right now you're asking how to right a ship that's already made several moves off course that I would have warned against earlier so I'm really not sure. If I were there with you to see how the sessions went, this would be a piece of cake but the usual predictability of the LP, necessary to answer questions from strangers with limited background and without the ability to observe the sessions as they take place and course correct if needed, isn't very applicable in such a situation. Sorry.
    Can I ask an off topic question - when you talk about how you would have course corrected if you were coaching, if you had been there; you are referring to coaching someone on all 3 of their workouts per week, correct?

Do you have many clients who do 3 sessions per week? I would imagine that only a very tiny percentage of people are capable of affording three private sessions a week - i currently live in NYC and i get one session every 4-6 weeks with my coach, so it feels like he basically doesn't really know how its going for me, and he isn't able to make corrections as things happen, and i have to modify my program as I go, make the decisions of which changes to make, etc.. it just feels like one session every month is not enough for him to even make a difference.

but i see coaches on here talking about people they trained through the whole LP all the time, i just wonder who all these people are that have high end private trainers 3x a week. I would do anything to be able to do that, i want it more than anything,.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12