• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Tredaway View Post
    Obsolete ha ha great answer you could sell snow to an Eskimo
    Yep. Sales. That's all I care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You liar. If that was the case, you'd take 30 minutes, write 8-week program and charge 30$.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

Prove me wrong and answer the question that i asked then regards deloads then instead of trying to sell me the latest version of a book i've already purchased

Prove me wrong and answer the question that i asked then regards deloads then instead of trying to sell me the latest version of a book i've already purchased
    He didn't try to sell you a later version of your book. He told you to get Practical Programming and Barbell Prescription. Those are about programming. They'll not only answer you question, but also give the why so you'll know how to determine that in the future as well. He's wanting you to learn to fish so you don't have to be given fish.

That being said, Starting Strength 3rd edition is still different enough and updated enough that you should get it anyway.

Fuck, you’ve got balls.

Quote Originally Posted by wsmoran View Post
    He didn't try to sell you a later version of your book. He told you to get Practical Programming and Barbell Prescription. Those are about programming. They'll not only answer you question, but also give the why so you'll know how to determine that in the future as well. He's wanting you to learn to fish so you don't have to be given fish.

That being said, Starting Strength 3rd edition is still different enough and updated enough that you should get it anyway.
    When someone asks a question on a forum why comment if your not going to answer the question it doesn't make sense. If someone went to the trouble of purchasing one of my books and asked a question regards deloads or any other training principle regardless of the program they were following i would actually answer the question which lets face it would amount to less than 10 words, i wouldn't tell them to purchase my latest addition what i might do is answer the question and then mention the benefits of the latest addition.

I have seen many people ask questions on these forums regards programs other than Marks programs and usually people offer there advice which they give freely what they don't do is tell you to buy the latest book come read some other posts and you'll see exactly what i mean.

I have seen many people ask questions on these forums regards programs other than Marks programs and usually people offer there advice which they give freely what they don't do is tell you to buy the latest book come read some other posts and you'll see exactly what i mean.
    That's true IF the person had experience with that specific program in order to give an answer. Without that experience, a resource is the best answer. I'm not gonna expect a Judo expert to have an answer on improving my Jiu Jitsu unless that Judo expert is also experienced enough at Jiu Jitsu to know what is going on....even if there is a lot of parallel between the two styles, but if that Judoka knows where I can go to get what I need, that's something I can consider listening to.

Quote Originally Posted by wsmoran View Post
    That's true IF the person had experience with that specific program in order to give an answer. Without that experience, a resource is the best answer. I'm not gonna expect a Judo expert to have an answer on improving my Jiu Jitsu unless that Judo expert is also experienced enough at Jiu Jitsu to know what is going on....even if there is a lot of parallel between the two styles, but if that Judoka knows where I can go to get what I need, that's something I can consider listening to.
    Actually that would depend if the subject was on ne waza or tachi waza as judo players are far better standing than Jui jitsu players and vice a versa.

However my question wasn't about programs it was about deloads which i presume plenty of people on here have used in the past themselves, i only mentioned the programs to give some background, as i've said usually people who make comments give an answer to the question where as once Mark gets involved nobody then dares to offer an opinion unfortunately which means if you look at all the comments on this thread not one person has answered the question instead they are just trying to defend Marks decision to not answer the question and to advise me to buy the latest addition of his book when i have already purchased his earlier copy.

As i've already said check out other posts and you'll see plenty of people actually offering advice when someone asks a question rather than saying buy the book

We just want you to ask better questions. How to make your transition from Candito to Smolov Jr while being 143lbs is not really this forum's jam. My 2 cents: it doesn't matter.

starting strength coach development program
    How to deload and when can vary by program. No experience here on Candito...if a program is meant to have deloads, it would be written into the program. SS NLP has a specific way to deloads. Andy Baker's GGW has a different deload that's specifically written into the program and serves a different purpose.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast