starting strength gym

Thread: rehab for knee surgery

Default rehab for knee surgery

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi.
    I am twenty four years old athlete.
    first of the all,sorry to my english.

one week ago, I have done my right knee surgery for cartilage problem.

rehabing for my knee, my plan is just squat and gradually up weight light to heavy.

but my doctor said "you never do squat,just do leg extenstion with higher rep and walk in swimming pool,and run in 90% less gravity balloon. and do not burden your cartilige"

my curious is that is leg extesion better than squat for rehabilitation?
    I am so confused because as I know,squat is best exercise for knee stability.

54 year old hear, three weeks ago I had right knee scoped, a large meniscus tear and several smaller tears trimmed, a good amount of fluid drained. For years I haven't been able to do the 'catcher squat', could only get to right about parallel. The first week I just tried to walk around, after two weeks I could hold on to the bar in the rack and squat past parallel but not with the bar in the back squat position. Tonight for the first time I put a little weight on the bar, 2 25 lb plates, and did 4 sets of five. Not much now, but more than I figured already. Just keep stretching it, bending it carefully slightly past your comfort level, but just don't push too hard too soon. Your age, you'll probably be squatting light in a week or so, might use very light leg extensions just to work the rom, I used them a time or two but prefer using the rowing machine, using only my right leg. Good luck, hope it goes well.

Default Thank you so much.

your advice is very helpful!!
    I also hope to your luck!!and goes well!!
    Thank you so much!!