starting strength gym

Thread: My left scapula/shoulder blade muscle has been hurting for a few months now

Default My left scapula/shoulder blade muscle has been hurting for a few months now

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    At the gym I was going to, they didn't have a straight pullup bar, instead they had these weird things with an extremely narrow grip that make my thumbs point towards me when I do chinups off of them. The grips are so narrow that it almost feels like I'm stretching my scapula muscles when I don't put one of the lat pulldown bars on top of it and do normal straight bar chinups on it. Well, a couple months ago, when I was doing weighted chinups on that thing, I noticed that my back was hurting. It's in the thick lined red circle in the picture I'm attaching to this post. It doesn't hurt that much except on days when I do the chinups the way that thing forces you to if you don't find a way to do straight bar chinups. On those days and the days after, it can hurt so bad that it feels like my back is out and I'll have a hard time moving my left arm. If I don't keep my upper back perfectly rigid on those days, the pain takes my breath away. Resting doesn't seem to help, what can I do to take care of this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

depending how much you need to mash it, a tennis ball or softball held between your back and a wall should help out. that is the only way i can deal with my scapula discomfort.

And one more thing. 2 days ago, when I was looping the dip belt through the weights before doing weighted chinups, the plates slipped and basically clipped my right testicle between 27.5 pounds of iron and the concrete step I was sitting on. It hurt quite a bit, but it didn't full on crush my balls, it just sort of pinched my scrotum and clipped my right nut. It still hurt pretty bad, but it didn't hurt enough to stop me from doing my sets and my balls weren't bleeding, so I thought I would be alright. But I just got out of the shower and I noticed something weird. The entire back half of my nutsack is bruise colored. It was a little bit tender yesterday, but it wasn't hurting me at all. They're not hurting right now and they're not as tender as they were yesterday, and they're not swollen, but these are my family jewels. Should I go see a doctor? I don't know what he'd be able to do, but this is the first time my balls have ever looked this color.

Fuck, i think i got trolled.

If not, be thankful this is the only reason your nuts have been mis-colored

Quote Originally Posted by william jackson View Post
    Fuck, i think i got trolled.

If not, be thankful this is the only reason your nuts have been mis-colored
    Why are you accusing me of trolling?

starting strength coach development program
    Do you do any shoulder mobility stuff (aka stretching)? If it feels like your back is out then it means you have some cramping muscles in that area. Stretching them out may relieve and/or prevent some of that.

Have you had previous injuries to that area or other back issues? Does anything else aggravate it ? Like rows of some sort ?