View Poll Results: Do you use creatine?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

66 81.48%
  • No

15 18.52%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taking Creatine? Plus some questions about dosage.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    Wow that site contains alot of detail. Really does seem like a wonder drug doesnt it. I best pop down the supplement store tomorrow on my lunch break.

Default doesnt disolve?

So I bought some creatine powder. It doesnt seem to disolve at all, just sinks to the bottom. I have to swirl it round then neck it. Is this right?

Quote Originally Posted by danlightbulb View Post
    So I bought some creatine powder. It doesnt seem to disolve at all, just sinks to the bottom. I have to swirl it round then neck it. Is this right?
    It dissolves poorly in cold liquid. Tea or coffee works perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by trapntan View Post
    It dissolves poorly in cold liquid. Tea or coffee works perfectly fine.
    Just put the creatine in a glass, drop in a few ounces of water, swirl the glass, and swallow before it stops moving. Then drink a big glass of water so it doesn't upset your stomach. Or buy fancy flavored bubblegum/watermelon creatines that dissolve. I choose the former path.

I use ON brand creatine, which is micronized. It stays in suspension when mixed into my tea for at least 20 minutes. I mix it very well (10-20 seconds) with a spoon because I never want to experience the gastric distress others have described after not mixing sufficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    Just put the creatine in a glass, drop in a few ounces of water, swirl the glass, and swallow before it stops moving. Then drink a big glass of water so it doesn't upset your stomach. Or buy fancy flavored bubblegum/watermelon creatines that dissolve. I choose the former path.
    yeah thats what I did. Just checking I hadnt bought an inferior product.

yeah thats what I did. Just checking I hadnt bought an inferior product.
    It all works the same.

In my experience it will depend on the brand. I now found one i like on eBay and i bought a few pounds.

You can also just take a spoon of it and chase it with water, that works faster, and means I don't have to wash my water glass immediately then.

I'm not on creatine right now, but I took it for ~ 8 weeks a little while ago, and for 8 weeks about a year and a half ago. It seems to help with grinding out reps, but I didn't notice any specific better 1RM performance. Definitely useful, but not a steroid.

starting strength coach development program
    I just take it right off the spoon and wash it down with water. Once you get used to it it's no problem at all (at least for me).

I'm taking it a few weeks now and can't tell if there's a difference yet. I may be a slightly bit stronger but that could also be due to form adjustments i made. Also i'm doing novice LP (with some little tweaks from Tom and Jordan). I gotta get stronger anyway every workout or so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast