Default Eating for bulk with indigestion

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello all!
    Pushing 50
    5' 8
    Last check 157

I am having some issues and looking for some advice if anyone else has experienced.

I started out at the beginning of the year 149. I thought I would consume a third of my carbs at breakfast around 100-120 and lunch about 80 and dinner around 60. I would have 20+ before workout and about 50 after.

6:30 100+
    11:30-12:00- 80
    4:00- 20
    7:00 -7:30- 50
    9:30- 60

This would happen occasionally. The problem was after breakfast I felt like it was taxing my system so much that lunch was misery. My schedule doesn't really allow me to eat at different times. Time in gym is usually between 5:00- 6:30 or 7:00 depending on how crowded.

I changed my meals trying to consume equal amounts. Breakfast today
    Was 1/2 cup oats1 banana a little sugar 1 cup of whole milk 4 eggs
    1/4 cup cheese.

Lunch was chicken and rice dish. 2 tenderloins and a cup of rice.

4:00 quest bar

7:30 protein shake 32g, 1 cup milk, about 40 grams of karbolyn.

Hopefully I will get my last meal pretty much at bed time.

Other than having to eat my last meal so late, I seem to be having indigestion the first part of the day.

Anyone else ever have this problem? What to do?
    Anyone see any problems with meal times. Could I possibly do protein shake in the morning and see if this will change the indigestion? My thoughts are to try and keep more while food but the indi is killing me.
    If I think about I add tablespoon of fiber powder to shakes.

The general recommendation is to get in more of your carbs right before and after your workout, space protein out throughout the day, and consume the fat further away from the workout, as the fat slows down the absorption of carbs, making them less useful for your workout.

Maybe keep the milk and eggs in the morning and have a bigger meal after the workout, with some extra carbs right before the workout. It may not be possible due to schedule, but having the larger meal at 7pm instead of 9:30 may help with the indigestion too.

I have found that indigestion can come from consuming large amounts of certain kinds of food. Speaking for myself, eating more than 1 egg, more than a small bowl of otmeal, or more than one slice of fiber-heavy wheat bread doesn't make my stomach feel too good. So for breakfast I eat 2 bowls of cereal/granola, whey protein, and fruit. I can consistently put down 800-1000 calories for breakfast if I eat this, and be able to eat again 3.5 hours later.

I tried eating for maintenance today and things went well. It is 9:30 now my last meal was at 6:30. I am starving I meet all requirements with the exception of 27g of P. Right now a double serving of whole wheat cereal a scoop of whey a cup of whole milk and a banana should put me right where I need to be.

Is it a big thing to eat a meal right before bed?

I guess it just takes some trial and error to see what works best.

Trial and error. I've found that my gut hates me if I consume large amounts of Lactaid and whey protein before bed. Or if I eat fruit after having eaten any kind of meat. My gut is very happy sleeping on steak and hasbrowns though.

I'm not given to appetite, and I get random stomach issues depending on what or how much I eat. Keep a written or digital log of everything you eat, and eventually you'll notice patterns for what your gut likes/dislikes.

Been doing SS NLP for just a little over 3 months now. 36 years old, 129lbs, 5'7.

I noticed that I usually get indigestion (wet stool) when I increase food intake (i.e. force feed). Stool frequency also increases temporarily from 1x to 2x/day.

When that happens I react by ingesting some "tummy tamers" (Doterra digestzen essential oil, ginger tea/ale, pineapple, etc.) I heard yogurt and other probiotic rich food also help by stabilizing gut flora. After a few hours the rumbles usually go away. I surmise our guts, like our muscles, also need to go through the stress-recovery-adaptation process.

I agree with the trial and error. I guess every gut is different and we need to carefully observe ourselves and discover what foods, schedules, amounts work for each of us while aiming for the "recommended" amounts of calories/macros.

starting strength coach development program
    Maybe try some apple cider. Helped me a bit. It comes in pill form if you can't do a shot, but i think the liquid is probably best if you can stomach it.