starting strength gym

Thread: Day Off Recovery Ideas

Default Day Off Recovery Ideas

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi guys,
    Currently on the SS NLP Programme and as you all know there are plenty of rest days
    Usually I'll go for a walk on these days either around the park or beach, stretch, foam roll and do some house chores to fill in time besides work during the week
    Any other ideas that wont affect recovery whilst still being moderately active?
    Kind Regards
    NM

I think the answer to this will depend very much on your age and nutritional profile. The younger and better fed you are, the more options you can have. Generally, most things you've normally been doing will be fine as you've already adapted to them.

One of the best things you could do is watch film of your sets and make notes about form adjustments you need.

And there's always sex.

I try and do some LSD cardio or HIIT. Grip and ab work is good on those days also.

Foam Roll?

I generally don't think anything classified as "moderate activity" or "light exercise" will impact you assuming you calculate the additional movement into your recovery. If you are in the under 40, getting enough sleep and food category, do whatever you want really. It isn't like Starting Strength demands that you do absolutely nothing on your off days. I promise Rip isn't going to appear in your house with a shotgun, threatening you with death if you take a single step on an off day. Go for a walk, go to the beach for a swim, take a hike. Just be sure to listen to your body and get enough food to offset the calories expended.

Thanks guys, autumnal - foam rolling is self myofacial release, massage. Really good to relieve tight & tonic muscles. Especially before bed. Recommend gut smashing before bed, sleep like a baby.

starting strength coach development program
    YouTube
    YouTube

An idea....

True or not?