starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recovery, Autoimmune disorders, DOMS, and Supplements

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Are you suggesting she keep the every other day plan? Maybe I should be more conservative on the increases then - 1.25/2.5lbs for upper body/lower body?

Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post
    Are you suggesting she keep the every other day plan? Maybe I should be more conservative on the increases then - 1.25/2.5lbs for upper body/lower body?
    I'm saying a certain level of muscle soreness when starting new is totally expected. The soreness shouldn't be debilitating, and if it is maybe dialing back like you wrote may be helpful until the soreness resolves itself.

So (as of 8/29), you started weight training for the first time ever? Were you doing any exercise at all before starting SS? What were your starting work weights on Day 1? Did you experience DOMS after this workout? If not, when did the DOMS start happening?

Since NSAIDs are not to be taken with UC, if you have DOMS or some other pain do you keep taking Tylenol to be able to sleep?

starting strength coach development program
    I'm not sure what you want to know about BCAA's but they'll really only help you insofar as you're diet is low in protein. (I have no idea if there's any special use for them in the context of an autoimmune disorder.) But what "low in protein" means is individualized. That is, the further away you are from young, high T, male the more protein, and in particular leucine, you'll need to drive MPS (Muscle Protein Synthesis). So, it might be helpful to take with a meal, to ensure that MPS is being driven. It would be just as effective however to just increase the amount of protein within that meal, granting that you're not in a weight loss situation and calories aren't a consideration.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12