starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LBBS hack for rotator cuff strain or a really stupid idea?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    It may be worth the time and money to get one. Check in the Equipment Forum on here for suggested brands/vendors. I believe that Titan Fitness has one that is pretty cheap compared to other places. I've never used their bars, but both the squat rack and squat stand I have from them are good equipment.

I have used a similar device (like a special bar) from Dave Draper beacuse of my bad shoulder for several years, but since I changed to using a sling and put my hands close to the bar I noticed that it is much easier to tighten the upper back into a more straight line. When Used the SSB device I always kind of curved my upper back, it always felt like bad form. Now that Im used to the sling it feels just great doing LBBS. Im 66yo this year.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fuller View Post
    May I ask what injury/event precipitated the shoulder repair? repetitive use? one time event?

Prior to the rotator cuff issue Im having, I had been working on setting up/squeezing the upper back tight w/ elbows down because it relieved to tension pain of in the elbows, which seems (if the various threads here are an indication) a very common problem related to squat. Mr. Deaton and Mr. Reynolds mentioned it on the most recent "Barbell Logic" podcast.

I wonder if, in my attempt to deal with the elbow problem, I was over-tightening the shoulders and caused the rotator cuff strain.
    I think I had a small problem for the last 2 or 3 years with a bit of shoulder pain. It seems like the heavy Bag work I then added made things worse. Over time things just got progressively worse until after a heavy Bag session it took a more serious turn for the worse. I think I'd still be managing if it weren't for the hb work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12