starting strength gym

Thread: Knee Pain Skawt Check

Default Knee Pain Skawt Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Knee pain is not really when I squat, but more when I deadlift. But I noticed my knees come in on the ascent of these squats. The pain is really bad after a set of deadlifts, like whenever I'm done with the set and go to walk away and take my weight off of my left leg, a sharp pain shoots up the left side of my knee.

Skwats:
    YouTube

Deadlifts:
    YouTube

Also, they hurt quite a bit after heavy rows (which of course resemble the deadlifts), and my knee may have even starting hurting when I started doing rows. I can't quite remember. But here's a vid of rows just in case:

Rows:
    YouTube

And my knee is not tender to the touch at all. It just hurts (lateral side of knee cap) slightly when I walk and/or go up stairs, or like I said after it's put under pressure during a deadlift. It's not bothered at all by prolonged periods of sitting.

Fuck I wish I could remember how to edit a post. ALSO, if this is relevant, I'd say my feet turn out more than most, so I'm duckfooted.

Weight/height/weight on the bar on those?
    Why the pin squats?

I'm 5'9", 24. 190lbs.

Skwats: 315
    It says the weight in the videos of the others. Pin squats bc I'm running The Bridge.

It could be the knee drift inward on the squats, try thinking knees out on the way up. That is indeed the most plausible suspect.
    It could also be that your slamming the bar on them on the descent on the deadlifts. I did that for a while and it bust my knees something fierce. It's hard to tell from videos, so you need to be the judge whether its slamming or just sliding past your knees.

I mean I've definitely knicked my left knee a few times on the Rows and maybe deadlifts. I'll watch out for that.

I had the same issue, caused by knee cave on the ascent.

When I went "knees out" the pain went away.

Guess I'll starting cueing harder: "Spread your fucking legs!" That's a good one?

starting strength coach development program
    Also, I found out today while sitting and resting my elbow on my thigh (day dreaming about Jordan's traps), that my thigh was sensitive. I was trying to locate the specific area and I think it's the rectus femoris, about 3 inches up from the top of the knee cap. Digging in there gives a 3-4 dull ache.