starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinion about cortisone shot

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by limace31 View Post
    When it is time, doc enters, just say "hello sir, we are going to start". Says nothing else. I could feel three injection...odd!
    Then, he says "it is done, sir. Please drive to the hospital for the arthrogram". Then, his assistant tells me "it went well, right? The Doctor injected the dye and the anti-inflammatory, so you should be good!".

WAIT, WHAT?!!!

That fucker told one of his assistant to go and buy the cortisone at the drugstore next door.

I got fucked...

Oh well...
    Not "Oh well." That's assault. He doesn't get to over-ride a patient's clearly stated desire to NOT be treated.

I agree, that's malpractice and warrants a lawsuit.

No, because there is a single paper, that I signed, for both the arthrogram dye injection and the cortisone shot. Apparently, it is standard procedure here in France: you get both shots unless you state otherwise.

I voiced my concern about that the first time and asked another form to fill out but there aren't any. That is why I did NOT buy the cortisone, so that there was nothing to inject. But he can use my "Carte Vitale" and his prescription since I am his patient.

I got legally fucked. It is entirely my fault. Moreover, in France, you cannot really file a lawsuit that easily. And I am really a fool. I should have opened my mouth.

That sucks that that's the standard practice in France. My sympathies.

Yeah, it is just as easy as ordering a baguette lol (just kidding).

To be more serious, they just think they kill two birds with one stone and they mostly see older people with arthritis and stuff like that.

starting strength coach development program
    End of the story:

Got the report a few hours ago and went to my GP. He read it and said "huh?!!...I thought you did not want a cortisone shot!"...lol

I finally learned the English word for "arthro-scanner": a CT-scan (so I don't know if English speaking people use "arthrogram" at all).

Turns out I got NOTHING. Everything is normal. Won't complain about it!

The pain is real though, so if anyone has an idea about what it might be, I'm all ears.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12