starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weight gain making me sick?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    How much of the cider vinegar should I take? Just an ounce or so? And on an empty stomach or with food? Thankyou!

Desert spoonful that's all. Make sure it's with at least a half pint of water. You can drink it just before a meal. It takes a week or so before it shows an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    Desert spoonful that's all. Make sure it's with at least a half pint of water. You can drink it just before a meal. It takes a week or so before it shows an improvement.
    Just took my first dose of it I added one of those vitamin C packets with it just to mask the flavor of the cider vinegar. I appreciate all the advice I'll report back in a week and a half or so if there's any improvements!

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_quinn View Post
    Just took my first dose of it I added one of those vitamin C packets with it just to mask the flavor of the cider vinegar. I appreciate all the advice I'll report back in a week and a half or so if there's any improvements!
    Best with freshly squeezed lemon. Better quality of vitamin C and full of minerals too. Make sure to us unpasteurised CV and give it good shake before use.

You can get cider vinegar tablets if you don't like the vinegar taste- it's not the pleasantest of things even in half a pint of water. It also chews up tooth enamel.
    Hear him on this! Sour foods eat your teeth up.

This is how I gave myself 8-10 small gumline cavities, the first cavities of my *life* until age 30 or so:
    * eat one whole grapefruit for breakfast every day
    * floss & clean teeth with a toothpick while driving to work afterwards
    * continue for a year or two

If you are deliberately dosing yourself with oral acids, rinse your mouth afterwards, and wait an hour before brushing, flossing, or otherwise scraping at your teeth.

Gumline cavities are not much fun to have drilled and filled.

Best with freshly squeezed lemon. Better quality of vitamin C and full of minerals too. Make sure to us unpasteurised CV and give it good shake before use.
    I had the fresh squeezed lemon in there as well. Just used the vitamin C pack for some extra flavor to cover the vinegar and I made sure I got the unpasteurized CV

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Davies View Post
    Hear him on this! Sour foods eat your teeth up.

This is how I gave myself 8-10 small gumline cavities, the first cavities of my *life* until age 30 or so:
    * eat one whole grapefruit for breakfast every day
    * floss & clean teeth with a toothpick while driving to work afterwards
    * continue for a year or two

If you are deliberately dosing yourself with oral acids, rinse your mouth afterwards, and wait an hour before brushing, flossing, or otherwise scraping at your teeth.

Gumline cavities are not much fun to have drilled and filled.
    Well that's defiantly something I want to avoid, when you say rinse after do you mean with water or with mouthwash?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_quinn View Post
    Well that's defiantly something I want to avoid, when you say rinse after do you mean with water or with mouthwash?
    Just bring your mouth PH back to neutral. Something that isn't sour -- milk, plain tea, water, mouthwash. Not coffee, fruit juice, or soda -- they are acidic.

Then let your tooth enamel harden back up for an hour before scrubbing at it.

This is a good practice *whenever* you eat tart or sour foods actually, not just when taking pseudo-medicinal lemon juice/vinegar.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Davies View Post
    Just bring your mouth PH back to neutral. Something that isn't sour -- milk, plain tea, water, mouthwash. Not coffee, fruit juice, or soda -- they are acidic.

Then let your tooth enamel harden back up for an hour before scrubbing at it.

This is a good practice *whenever* you eat tart or sour foods actually, not just when taking pseudo-medicinal lemon juice/vinegar.
    Thankyou for the warning defiantly want to avoid stripping my enamel. Will start rinsing after the lemon juice/ vinegar or anything else tart or sour

starting strength coach development program
    Lots of sugar in grapefruit which will accelerate the damage to teeth.
    Lemon and CV diluted is likely a reduced risk, but the advice not to clean teeth for at least an hour is correct. It is recommended to drink through a straw, but I'm not convinced. The best option is to rinse with a baking soda solution immediately after consuming the drink which will neutralise the acid immediately.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast