starting strength gym

Thread: Hip surgery

Default Hip surgery

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Just learning about starting strength and everything it entails. Did some powerlifting programs and built up to 315 1rm (from 95 pounds in about 12 months) for squat and deadlift. Then had bilateral hip surgery one in April then the other at the end of June to correct cam impongements and labrum tears. These can impingements were “preventing” me from squatting and deadlifting. I pushed through the pain thinking it was hip mobility issues. I’ve finished my physical therapy “program” consisting of avoiding any weight and focusing on range of motion. So now I want to start on LP since I haven’t really lifted in months and never did it. I squatted my first 3x5 at 155 it was painful in the hole but left no residual pain in the following days. So I’m asking advice on whether to bump up the weight or consider less pain in the bottom of my squat my linear progression? Or use a different program all together to help my bone and labrum?

Add five pounds and go from there.

That’s what I was thinking, just wanted to make sure. Trying to make the marine corps a career and be a SS coach so I don’t want to blow my hips out. I’m new to this and reading everything I can. Now that I know what I do I know I’m way behind the recovery power curve because of navy PTs