starting strength gym

Thread: Fat ass sweaty thighs causing rash.

Default Fat ass sweaty thighs causing rash.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Bumpy itchy rash right where my thighs rub under my junk. It only happens when its hot outside and i sweat. I think commiefornia outlawed the winter season as its been in the 80s here everyday.

I wear boxers. Not boxer briefs.

Also plantar fascitis, or, my heal hurts really bad. Already did the ibuprofen 5 day thing.

Any advice?

The white brief caused this to happen to me. I switched to boxer briefs and had no problem since.

I have no advice concerning planter fascitis.

Fill a 20 oz soda bottle with water, freeze it, and roll your foot on it for 20 minutes every hour

Also, gold bond

Very common problem, there are products for this. Go on amazon, search for "anti-chafe balm". Runners buy this stuff a lot.

I've had both these things and my subjective experience is the same with each. There are probably a thousand little things you can do to get minimal improvement, but in general there's really not much you can do and eventually it just goes away. I've found with the thigh chaffing that its uncomfortable for a day or two and then my thighs adapt and its fine. I had plantar for a while when I was running a lot years ago. I did all the ice treatment stuff, but it wasn't until I stopped running that it fully went away. Rip has talked about it too, how he had it for like 6 months and then one day it just went away. Pretty sure his wasn't from running though!

Bodyglide.

Amazing stuff. Goes on like deodorant and not oily or flaky once dry.

Regarding plantar fasciitis, my first experience was after a few softball games, I nearly fell down when I got out of bed the next morning because the pain was so bad. Nothing really helped but I found Superfeet insoles made walking more bearable and allowed me to continue playing softball, so that would be my first recommendation. The only stretching exercise I found that helped a bit was done by standing on a step, facing up, with just the balls of my feet on the step, then slowly lowering my heels, with a pause at the bottom. Rolling the bottom of my foot with a lacrosse ball also helped a bit. But nothing really made the pain go away until eventually it just went away on it's own. Now I don't even use the Superfeet insoles.

Quote Originally Posted by edjohnson View Post
    Bumpy itchy rash right where my thighs rub under my junk. It only happens when its hot outside and i sweat. I think commiefornia outlawed the winter season as its been in the 80s here everyday.

I wear boxers. Not boxer briefs.

Also plantar fascitis, or, my heal hurts really bad. Already did the ibuprofen 5 day thing.

Any advice?

Plantar: Plantar Fasciosis - Correct Toes

Sweat: Amazon.com: Anti-Monkey Butt Powder Sweat Absorber: Automotive

starting strength coach development program
    I had issues with chafing a good bit in the military (long runs, rucking, bad hygiene...) until I discovered Underarmour performance boxer briefs (9" inseam). I don't know exactly what the fabric ratio is, but they're synthetic with a little bit of stretch. Ever since then I wear them working out, working, or it it's hot and humid. Just don't wear them 24/7 because you need to let the boys breathe... The bitch is that Underarmour changed the cut on their most recent design, and the new ones suck. But there are other brands out there.