starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SI Joint--How to "Work Through" the pain

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Thanks Ryan. I have traded a couple of messages with John Petrizzo and he suggested I should go visit Alex in Atlanta. It will be a couple of weeks before I can get over there, so hopefully I have improved some more in between now and then.

The worst of it is my damn calf muscle is probably 40% strength on my right side. I'm doing some nerve flossing and other McGill exercises to try and improve its functionality but that is my biggest setback at the moment. Hopefully nerve flossing and squatting can help it improve.

I'll keep you posted on progress. I appreciate all of your feedback and help!

I'm having a dilemma and am looking for some guidance.

I have no doubt I am ready to get back under the bar. I still have a lot of sciatica/radiculopathy going on, but my ROM is much improved and my life is pretty much back to normal in terms of functionality (with some exceptions...)

Here's my problem. For me to get to the SSC is going to take an act of congress. He is 2 1/2 hours away and I have to take a day off work to get over there. I don't have any of those coming up.

I might be asking too much over the internet, but do you think I should just start back in the gym working with the bar? If I can work things out I might be able to get to the SSC in 1-2 months, but I do not see the point in sitting around doing nothing until then.

Thoughts?

thanks!

starting strength coach development program
    If at all possible, I would look into SSOC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123