starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another elbow pain thread

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I think I'm having the same thing, at least with the elbow. I spent hours today reading through threads and the most relevant discussion I found was when I searched "brachialis pain" (like you, my pain is "between the triceps and biceps" down towards my elbow).

I think the root cause for me is something to do with my low bar squat setup. It only moderately hurts after my working squat sets but then by the time I go to press or especially bench it's extremely painful (yesterday I couldn’t even support the weight for the last couple inches of the eccentric portion of my working bench sets and would lose back tightness at the bottom when I dropped the bar onto my chest.. had to stop benching entirely).

Interestingly, most of the folks discussing their issue said it was only on their left arm. And what do you know… same with me.

The more I read the more disheartened I became because while most people agreed that it's something to do with their LBBS setup, either bar position on their back, grip width, grip type, wrist angle, elbow position, back tightness, proud chest, chest and anterior shoulder flexibility, etc., everyone's experience seemed slightly unique. (For example, some people saw relief from widening their grip, while some were better off narrowing their grip to keep a tighter upper back and posterior delt “shelf.” Some found relief from seriously mashing and stretching their chest & anterior shoulder muscles to get their arms farther back into position, while some merely had to queue the pinched shoulder blades and elbows pinned to their sides.)

I think I'll have to play around with all of those factors to figure out exactly how to fix it, but it sounds like it may take a while :/

Just put your thumbs around the bar.
    Fixed it for me like magic.

starting strength coach development program
    Rub a lacrosse ball on it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12