starting strength gym

Thread: Not sure if it's a muscle tear?

Default Not sure if it's a muscle tear?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Today while doing my first rep on first squat workset on descent heard a pop then sharp pain in mid interior of right quad. I got the weight back up but could not put much weight on it without pain. Also hurts to climb stairs. My question is that I'm not sure if I should do the Starr Rehab Protocol or could it be a tendon. I read in another post that Rip had said that muscle doesn't make a noise when it tears. But the pain seems to be in the muscle and not area of the tendons. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwhntr247 View Post
    Today while doing my first rep on first squat workset on descent heard a pop then sharp pain in mid interior of right quad. I got the weight back up but could not put much weight on it without pain. Also hurts to climb stairs. My question is that I'm not sure if I should do the Starr Rehab Protocol or could it be a tendon. I read in another post that Rip had said that muscle doesn't make a noise when it tears. But the pain seems to be in the muscle and not area of the tendons. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
    Where's the exact site of the injury (take a picture pointing to it or find one on the internet and draw an arrow pointing to the exact location)? Is there any bruising?

No bruising, wondering if maybe the noise came from some other joint. I have suffered from gout since I was 18, 47 now.

Also feeling better today, been icing and resting. Stairs are easier to climb, but still hurts. Think maybe I descended to quickly and put to much stress on it. Thanks.

Did get some bruising, but pain has dulled and started the Starr Rehab Protocol this morning. Was painful but felt better after my 3 sets of 25x45. Plus I got to use my new shoes that seem to be alot of help. Could be new shoe strength, but seemed to be way better than the All Stars.