starting strength gym

Thread: Plantar fascitis with similar symptoms as DVT?

Default Plantar fascitis with similar symptoms as DVT?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I have nearly the exact same symptoms as this guy here:
    Achilles tendinopathy and plantar fasciitis

He ended up having a blood clot behind his knee.

I have the same symptoms but without swelling or redness.

I have searched around the forums and it seems like there isnt much effective treatment for plantar fascitis? Because I have had it for months on both my feet. It is aggrivated by my really hot work boots but also squats and my adipowers.

Pretty much nothing releives the pain but it feels slightly better on my days off when wearing my regular shoes. And of course it hurts worst in the morning. Getting out of bed is like stepping on glass.

I've had it before, and now have plantar fasciitis again. It's quite painful and lately I've been having arch in my right foot cramping up at night. I do lots of walking on my farm, and wearing Blundstone work boots brought it on. And yes hard sole squat shoes aggravate things as well.

What seems to help me is stretching out my calves on stairs. Basically stand with the balls of my feet on the edge of the stairs and lower my heels to elicit a stretch. Calf raises work too. I also have a dog-bone shaped roller covered with little plastic spikes that I roll back and forth under my feet.

Good shoes really help. I recently got some Asic Gel Kayano 22's which were rated the best for plantar fasciitis for people with flat feet which I have. They make walking much easier and mostly pain free.

I had a nasty case of PF about a year ago. It sucks...big time. I think I tried just about every orthotic, shoe, and stretching exercise known to man. What finally worked for me was a pair of Vionic shoes. They have an aggressive arch and a deep heel cup that worked perfectly for me. (Most of the other orthotics I tried stabbed my foot in just the wrong place.) After wearing them for about two weeks my PF cleared up. I think, however, that the cure for PF is a very individual thing. YMMV.

Comfortable Shoes for Men | Ortho Shoes | Vionic Shoes

A night splint may help with morning pain. Looks like a walking boot and most cannot stand to sleep in it however if you can it keeps the fascia lengthened so it does not "heal" or scar down in a shortened state which is the main cause of the morning pain. Some folks roll out their feet right away in the morning but that is basically the same as just walking you simply get to spread the discomfort out over a period of time (easing into cold water vs jumping in).

I have plantar fasciitis for about a year after wearing minimalist shoes to play basketball (stupid) and coming down wrong on both feet due. At first my heels were bruised with a large knot in both then it developed into PF. I did ASTYM, orthotics, injections, massage. Nothing worked. Finally I said screw it and stopped everything and started wearing Merrell Barefoot Trail shoes everywhere. At home I wore bedroom slippers with no cushion. At work I had to wear boots (Marine Corps) but I tried to keep walking to a minimum. It was EXTREMELY painful for about 2 weeks but I slowly started noticing a difference. Now 3 years later I am totally symptom free. Moral of the story. Your feet have to be strong just like any other muscle group. If you constantly support them and brace them, the muscles atrophy.
    The only treatment I would say worked was ASTYM. It really helped accelerate my recovery. The rest was a typical sales job. ASTYM is also very painful but a "good" kind of painful. Most PTs should be able to do that for you.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyard5369 View Post
    I have plantar fasciitis for about a year after wearing minimalist shoes to play basketball (stupid) and coming down wrong on both feet due. At first my heels were bruised with a large knot in both then it developed into PF. I did ASTYM, orthotics, injections, massage. Nothing worked. Finally I said screw it and stopped everything and started wearing Merrell Barefoot Trail shoes everywhere. At home I wore bedroom slippers with no cushion. At work I had to wear boots (Marine Corps) but I tried to keep walking to a minimum. It was EXTREMELY painful for about 2 weeks but I slowly started noticing a difference. Now 3 years later I am totally symptom free. Moral of the story. Your feet have to be strong just like any other muscle group. If you constantly support them and brace them, the muscles atrophy.
    The only treatment I would say worked was ASTYM. It really helped accelerate my recovery. The rest was a typical sales job. ASTYM is also very painful but a "good" kind of painful. Most PTs should be able to do that for you.
    I also did the night splint, a TENS unit, heel cups. You name it, I did it.