Hi folks.

I'm trying to self diagnose an injury that I'm struggling to recover from. (I've been docs, standard stop lifting get a physio appointment end of may).

Anyhoo.

I have a pain in the left upper back rhomboid region i can just about reach the spot if stretch my right arm over my left shoulder its about a hand span down a few inches away from my spine. When i press on on the spot and roll my left shoulder it feels like the area is crumbling.

When my left arm is straight i can raise it forward to my face or to the side towards my left without pain (though slight discomfort as the arm passes parallel toy shoulder)

However if i bend my arm at the elbow and try to raise my arm sideways i struggle to get even close to parallel without pain (i.e laterial raise), if my arm is bent at tje elbow and folded across my belly i cant even raise it staright forward a few inches without considerable pain across my left back shouder and down my arm.

During the day my shoulder is not in too much pain but at night it feels like i have toothache in my shoulder which does not stop my shoulder freezes up and the pain runs down my left arm and down the left side of my back and legs. I've tried cocodamol codyramol ibuprofen painkillers, gel heat relief nothing works.

It effects my training i can no longer bench press, chin ups. I can shoulder press though not to as much strength as before. Strangely squats and deadlifts donts seem to aggravate the injury too much.

Any ideas of what the issue could be. I've had this since last year and taken time of gym but its not healing

:-( not happy

Thanks for any input