starting strength gym

Thread: Do i need a deload right now?

Default Do i need a deload right now?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi,

Last 2 weeks have been feeling harsh during both volume and intensity day, have been pushing texas method for maybe 5-6 months in a row without a deload. been doing some 1RM PRs on top of the regular friday PR on texas, the weeks before feeling like this.

I tried cutting off 2 sets and did 3x5 on volume day last monday, but that didn't do it, still felt bad the following intensity and volume day (last friday and yesterday).
    I usually go with 80% of 1RM at volume day, but yesterday i only did 75% and it felt like an intensity day in effort, aswell as technique being harder to control.

Recently i've slept and ate as much as i've been doing while not feeling like this (when i felt good and was making gains).

For those who are going to ask.. yes ive been rotating between 5s, 3s, doubles etc.

Im guessing i need a deload week, but i'm still curious to hear what you say

How old are you?

28 years old

Without knowing the specifics of your situation, I'd maybe take a deload week and then transition into HLM, Old Man Texas or the 4 days split, assuming you are doing standard TM right now