starting strength gym

Thread: Advice on knee.

Default Advice on knee.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi,

Looking for some advice. I am in the second week of my lp and this is my 2nd attempt. I failed the first time because my knee gave out, it was swollen badly in the joint capsule, had limited range of motion and painful. It is also the same knee that has played up a lot of the time when I do activity.
    I have had an MRI done (a few years ago) and there is a smidgen of osteoarthritis in the deep surface of the patella but nothing too serious. I think my squat technique was flawed the first time I tried lp but I have done a lot of work on it.

I have some swelling coming up in my knee but at the moment. It is at the end of the day probably more on days after training. It goes down over night. It feels pretty ordinary when I start squatting like something on the medial side of the knee catches as I approach depth but it feels good when I get to about the third or fourth set and through the working set. At the moment it is manageable but wondering whether I should just keep going with lp and hope it improves with increased strength or do a Starr type rehab?

Thanks for the advice

Nick

Work the pain free range of motion, and you’ll get more. Basically just do as much as you can do right.