starting strength gym

Thread: knee and lower back pains after 7th week of Texas Method

Default knee and lower back pains after 7th week of Texas Method

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi guys,
    I am kind of caught between a rock and a hard place right now. I recently finished 7th week of Texas Method with great gains so far but thinking of cutting it off because lately I started feeling both my knees and lower back on regular basis and stronger after workouts.
    My lower back pains might be caused by slight buttwink while my knee pains are probably due to lack of hip drive.
    Last time I had similar issues about 2 years ago during Texas Method but I was arrogant and just kept going until I ended up injuring myself severely and had to quit working out altogether for a year.

My working weights currently are 170kg squats, 190kg deadlifts for intensity and I weigh about 95-97kg. I am 25 years old
    I am truly a stranger to handling those situations correctly and therefore been injured plenty of times during my semi long lifting career. Please guide me to the right path.
    Thanks in advance

Are you able to do a session or two with a coach? Could just be some technique fixes

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    Are you able to do a session or two with a coach? Could just be some technique fixes
    Unfortunately I can't at the moment. I was thinking of uploading videos here to get a better opinion than my own. Other than that I was thinking of trying RICE therapy for my knees and incorporating more core workout and stretches pre and post workout. I was mostly looking for suggestions for "home made" therapies that would enhance my recovery and maybe some general workout tips to not make my injuries worse. I made sure to educate myself after the incident but the internet is vast and I'm not sure which articles I can trust on this very sensitive subject

Quote Originally Posted by Dijkstra View Post
    I was thinking of uploading videos here to get a better opinion than my own.
    This would be my suggestion. Improving technique usually takes care of pain issues 90% of the time. Need to find the cause, not treat the symptoms by troubleshooting