starting strength gym

Thread: Constant neck problems - any recommended basic strengthening exercises?

Default Constant neck problems - any recommended basic strengthening exercises?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    My left shoulder is busted again, and I知 too busy to deal with another surgery at this point in my life, so for now I知 squatting with a yoke bar which has allowed me to continue to squat heavy with no problems.

... until the last few months when I started having constant neck problems. I have something going on in one particular spot, but overall my neck is always sore somewhere.

I assume it has to do with the heavy weights on the bar compressing shit in my traps and neck. ART has helped some, but it痴 still always there. Im already doing lots of chins, DLs etc so about my only idea is to try strengthening my neck specifically. Anyone see any noticeable difference with neck training? Best way to get started? One of those head band thingies or are they BS?

Fuck I知 getting old.

This is like someone who punches a wall looking for skin toughening exercises. Fix the shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    This is like someone who punches a wall looking for skin toughening exercises. Fix the shoulder
    That's just out of the question for awhile, so looking for anything I can do in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by dsiomtw View Post
    That's just out of the question for awhile, so looking for anything I can do in the meantime.
    Strap assisted front squats? Might take some pressure off the traps at least.

Height/weight/age/current lifts?