starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sustained a pretty bad pec tear this past tuesday.. Advice welcome

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    We treat most avulsions without surgery.
    Do you have any links to training programming for such an injury, or any advice you could give? I am really looking how best to rehab this in the case that it is what I'm suffering from. I'm just a bit unsure if continuing to exercise the area is doing more harm than good.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslin View Post
    Do you have any links to training programming for such an injury, or any advice you could give? I am really looking how best to rehab this in the case that it is what I'm suffering from. I'm just a bit unsure if continuing to exercise the area is doing more harm than good.

Thanks.
    I've already given you my advice. You chose to not follow it, and you figured you knew better than I did. You made things worse doing your own thing. You now get to own your own condition. I'm sorry.

I've already given you my advice. You chose to not follow it, and you figured you knew better than I did. You made things worse doing your own thing. You now get to own your own condition. I'm sorry.
    I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that, I didn't think I knew better than you I just chose to peruse the starr method as with all respect I am more familiar with it than I am with what you were suggesting. It felt incredibly bad the initial injury and I felt safer under much lighter weight. I didn't mean to offend.

So the initial advice you gave still holds up for an avulsion of the muscle? That was really what I was asking, as I wasn't too clear on that point. If you don't mind answering that for me I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslin View Post
    I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that, I didn't think I knew better than you I just chose to peruse the starr method as with all respect I am more familiar with it than I am with what you were suggesting. It felt incredibly bad the initial injury and I felt safer under much lighter weight. I didn't mean to offend.

So the initial advice you gave still holds up for an avulsion of the muscle? That was really what I was asking, as I wasn't too clear on that point. If you don't mind answering that for me I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
    Again, I gave you my advice and you made a conscious decision to use something you were more familiar with. You being the operative word here.

In this situation, you get to chart your own course. But, in the meantime, as an academic exercise, what options do you have right now?

starting strength coach development program
    Again, I gave you my advice and you made a conscious decision to use something you were more familiar with. You being the operative word here.

In this situation, you get to chart your own course. But, in the meantime, as an academic exercise, what options do you have right now?
    I made a conscious decision to go with something else yes. This is the method of rehab for muscle tears that Rip has recommended himself I believe. I read the article at suggested by another forum member which also recommends the Starr rehab and decided to go with that. I was a fool.

I am unsure of the best way to go forward, I am worried that more training might make things worse, although I want to heal the muscle as best as possible to avoid another tear. I was hoping you would clarify that your advice would still be applicable if there was a partial avulsion. You are far smarter than me and I was hoping you would enlighten me. If you feel that I have burnt that bridge by not taking your advice initially, I am sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12