starting strength gym

Thread: Light Infantry and Strength Training

Default Light Infantry and Strength Training

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Rip was just wondering what kind of adjustments you would make to the novice program for guys who as a job requirement require good conditioning. As oppose to the name Light infantry is anything but light, and conditioning is very necessary when humping 100 pounds of shit up a mountainside.

In garrison we normally have a PT schedule that focuses really heavily on legs. My unit is fairly smart in terms of that and we don't actually do that much in terms of running. A lot of burpees and lunges, sprints. Usually we do circuits monday, tuesday, and wednesday, thursday is some form of sports and friday is usually longer PT sessions or another circuit depending on weather. I'm wondering if youd make any kind of adjustments to the program based on that or if you could point me in the direction of someone who strength trains guys who have conditioning requirements.

Looks like you'll need to convince the first shirt or CO to try it vice two of the circuits and build from there. What kind of gear is available?

maybe his finger slipped, accidentally hitting the search button and yet still found a thread on s&c for the military