starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pressing

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanccfshr View Post
    Simple advise that is relevant and would work. I don't know why anymore needs to be said.
    Specius statement. OP said he had no interest in benching, not that he had no interest in pressing at all other than overhead press. This leaves dips as an excellent choice to compliment the overhead press.

Simple advise that is relevant and would work. I don't know why anymore needs to be said.
    nothing more needs to be said if you think there is only one singular approach to training. What is wrong with having an exchange of ideas? Does any one person own the market on good ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by OZ-USF-UFGator View Post
    Specius statement. OP said he had no interest in benching, not that he had no interest in pressing at all other than overhead press. This leaves dips as an excellent choice to compliment the overhead press.
    For someone who has no interest in A at all, but wants to get their Bup as fast as possible, would it be advisable to Bevery workout or still alternate A and B?
    Tren Ace is the ultimate C, of course. OP said he had no interest in benching, not that he had no interest in taking anabolics.

Gator, you have a weird way with logic

Quote Originally Posted by lou t View Post
    nothing more needs to be said if you think there is only one singular approach to training. What is wrong with having an exchange of ideas? Does any one person own the market on good ideas?
    Sally wants to be an engineer, Sally can meet her goal if she takes 22 courses of mathematics and engineering along with other academic coursework to get her bachelors, in mechanical engineering in 4 years.
    Or on the other hand, Sally gets bored with Mathematics and engineering coursework and along the way she also takes 22 courses in art and some pshycology. Sally eventually makes her goal of qualifying to graduate with an engineering degree but it took 6.5 years. ATy a significant loss in tuition cost and lost workforce oppurtunnity.

You are correct. There is more than one way to attain a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hanley View Post
    Tren Ace is the ultimate C, of course. OP said he had no interest in benching, not that he had no interest in taking anabolics.

Gator, you have a weird way with logic
    Are dips not an assistance to press? If so, why wouldn't diping be a logical addition to someone who wants to get his press up ASAP? My logic is sound, but hey, thanks for your non-sequitur -esque critique.
    Last edited by OZ-USF-UFGator; 06-26-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Sally wants to be an engineer, Sally can meet her goal if she takes 22 courses of mathematics and engineering along with other academic coursework to get her bachelors, in mechanical engineering in 4 years.
    Or on the other hand, Sally gets bored with Mathematics and engineering coursework and along the way she also takes 22 courses in art and some pshycology. Sally eventually makes her goal of qualifying to graduate with an engineering degree but it took 6.5 years. ATy a significant loss in tuition cost and lost workforce oppurtunnity.

You are correct. There is more than one way to attain a goal.
    Or Sally finds a class at the University across town that combines diff eq and calc 3, which she enrolls in and achieves her goal of a BS in engineering in 21 courses instead of 22. This saved her both money used to buy a beater car and time sheused to work 10 extra hours a week in her last semester, which will signifigantly reduced her opportunity cost

Say, you are right, there are many ways to achieve a goal!
    Last edited by OZ-USF-UFGator; 06-26-2015 at 02:26 PM.

Its frustrating when people less adept than myself at using logic attack my logic in an attempt to pillory me to make themselves look cool or smart.

Quote Originally Posted by OZ-USF-UFGator View Post
    Its frustrating when people less adept than myself at using logic attack my logic in an attempt to pillory me to make themselves look cool or smart.
    Sorry , I am between deadlift sets to get my deadlift stronger and improve my pulling work capacity. Are you still pontificating?

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    A course in multi-variable calc and DiffEQ combined would be a piece of shit. Like Real Analysis combined with Topology. Sure, there is overlap, but both need time and attention that cannot be properly achieved in combining the two. Hell, most universities shit on CalcIII enough as it is.
    Neither course is necessary to actually be an engineer outside of academia, but for shits and giggles, the university had a 1 year class that crammed calc 1,2 and 3.

starting strength coach development program
    Sorry , I am between deadlift sets to get my deadlift stronger and improve my pulling work capacity. Are you still pontificating?
    yes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast