starting strength gym

Thread: How much should I weigh

Default How much should I weigh

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Age 14, H/W: 5'11 180lb

I know Rip states that men should weight atleast 200 pounds. However, being a teenager should I also reach for weighing 200 by the end of the year? Or is it not recommended to get that heavy yet. I do want to get heavier and eating is not a problem for me but is there a height to weight ratio chart for novice lifters to follow? Probably not worth of mention but I have a lifetime goal of hitting 300lbs on a hopefully taller frame.

5'11 at 14? That is huge! How tall are your parents?

TBH don't worry about your weight right now. Just make sure you're not getting too fat or too skinny. You probably can and should eat as much as you want as long you don't overdo fast food, salty snacks, cookies etc.

My parents are both 5'6-5'7 and I'm definitely taller than average for my age but trust me there's a lot of freaks in my generation. at 6'3 but they weight 150. I eat about 4000 calories a day.

Yep, at your age just try for the most quality food you can get in. When I was your age, a half gallon of chocolate milk a day on top of everything else worked out quite well but whole white milk and more high quality carbs along with some veggies at every meal would likely have been much better. I think if you are training hard, doing some conditioning on off days, and are generally active, it's pretty hard for a teenager to get "too big". Your 4000 cals is a good start. May the gainz be with you!