starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deadlift Questions

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by autumnal View Post
    And then find out that it violates gym policy and risk getting kicked out or pushed to the side?
    Ain't nobody kicking you out of a gym for leaving your phone lying on a machine off to the side while you do a set.
    And if they do, just apologize and say you won't do it again. C'mon, this is basic 5-year-old behaviour!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRozon View Post
    Ain't nobody kicking you out of a gym for leaving your phone lying on a machine off to the side while you do a set.
    And if they do, just apologize and say you won't do it again. C'mon, this is basic 5-year-old behaviour!

No one is kicking me out, because I don't film. There are big signs posted at my gym that no footage is allowed. Apparently, some creepers were filming some of the gym bunnies, and another filmed how messy the gym was and got the manager in trouble, and that's not mentioning the footage people shoot in the gym of folks with bad form and post on youtube. You know, those ones we laugh at in the E&P thread.

At my gym, this is why we can't have nice things, or online coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by autumnal View Post
    No one is kicking me out, because I don't film. There are big signs posted at my gym that no footage is allowed. Apparently, some creepers were filming some of the gym bunnies, and another filmed how messy the gym was and got the manager in trouble, and that's not mentioning the footage people shoot in the gym of folks with bad form and post on youtube. You know, those ones we laugh at in the E&P thread.

At my gym, this is why we can't have nice things, or online coaching.
    Find a new gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Coyne View Post
    Find a new gym.
    Gym where everybody knows your name:
    Garage gyms

But my motto is better to ask forgiveness than permission.
    Prop the phone against your gym bag... how will anyone even know you are taking video?
    Gym bag should be within 6' of you at about 30 degree angle. use selfie mode so you can see the capture.
    ... gains!

Good luck!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by NeveCieco View Post
    Greetings:

One more stupid question. When you say rest days do you mean some light activity like stretching and cardio or do you mean on the couch binge-watching Joan of Arcadia with Yoo-hoo and Twinkies? I try not to ever schedule days off from working out because I am by my very nature, extremely lazy. Rest days quickly become rest weeks, or rest months. I once had a rest decade.

Thank you very much.
    Hey,

A rest day means a day to recover from the training you just did. In general, cardio would be detrimental to your recovery, so if you're trying to do the program, don't do cardio unless your Starting Strength credentialed coach tells you to. As for binge-watching, I would suggest instead getting a copy of the third edition of the book Starting Strength and reading it on your rest days. Read the forum. Go for an easy-paced walk and listen to the podcasts.

As mentioned in one of the recent seminar Q&As, the benefits of the program go beyond getting physically strong. One of the lessons I learned going through my novice linear progression was discipline. Taking a day off, and once a week taking two days off, and always going back to the gym, waiting for the proper equipment to be available and doing the proper lifts will change this lazy nature of yours. If you want it to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12