starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training implications of tailbone injury

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Correction to the above: "today I did 3 sets of SQUATS at 275....etc."

Yesterday afternoon I deadlifted 365. This is 90% of my best lift prior to injury. I have neither pain nor discomfort duringbthe lift. Based on my last 2 workouts (squat and deadlift, both pain-free), i'm

...pronouncing myself finished with rehab and ready to pursue a full program. I still have pain while sitting, but I can remedy that with posture, padding, or just staying off a chair.
    I might post again when the sitting pain goes away if I think of it. I expect tgat to tale another month or so. I have no way to prove hitting the weights early after the injury accelerated healing, but I sure believe it did!

Closing the tailbone saga with this: on March 29th I sat on the bench, rolled straight back over my tailbone, painfree. Only later I remembered it was supposed to hurt. Tailbone injury 12/3/2017. Full recovery 3/29/2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Bestafter60 View Post
    Closing the tailbone saga with this: on March 29th I sat on the bench, rolled straight back over my tailbone, painfree. Only later I remembered it was supposed to hurt. Tailbone injury 12/3/2017. Full recovery 3/29/2018.
    This has been, probably, my favorite thread that has ever been on the Repetitive Inquiries forum. You, sir, should take this experience and write it up as an article and submit for publication on this site.

Thanks, Will, I consider this high praise.

I would invest the time to convert it into an article if that would make the information more accessible to anyone suffering this injury, to provide them a reasonable set of expectations on the recovery process.

If that's the reason for your recommendation, count me in. Can someone who's not an SSC publish an article here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bestafter60 View Post
    Thanks, Will, I consider this high praise.

I would invest the time to convert it into an article if that would make the information more accessible to anyone suffering this injury, to provide them a reasonable set of expectations on the recovery process.

If that's the reason for your recommendation, count me in. Can someone who's not an SSC publish an article here?
    I think your testimonial is pretty powerful in that you did two things: 1) went back into training without some definitive diagnosis and 2) trained through the injury, despite feeling pain at times, and having to modify things on the fly....and, you see what happens at the end, after tincture of time and likely due to the fact you kept training, this saga closes on a good note. Had you stopped training altogether as you searched for some label to place on your pain, you likely would still not be training and your prognosis would be much worse.

I am almost certain Rip would consider a thoughtful article by virtually anyone. SSCs provide the bulk of the articles as of late, but articles can be much more powerful when they are from "outside the organization". You certainly have something here that could be of use to a lot of people if this information was more widely available.

starting strength coach development program
    Helpful thread. I slipped on the stairs yesterday and broke my coccyx. Pain was so bad I blacked out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12