starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check - Shoulder Pain

Default Squat Form Check - Shoulder Pain

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Coach,

I have been doing starting strength linear progression, my squat reaching 300 lbs my previous workout. I decided to reset to 275, since I felt that my form was compromised a bit and since I have also been experiencing pain in the front part of my left shoulder (no pain in the right), which sometimes is also felt down my bicep a bit. Some days it is very painful, and it only occurs during and after my squats - my last couple warmup sets and work sets. This pain has not seemed to affect my other lifts, as I have continued on LP for bench, press, deadlift, and power clean.

I have read other threads that pertain to shoulder pain from squats, and I have learned a lot from them and tried to implement some of those strategies. However, I posted a video of my 2nd set of 275 below. I noticed that the bar is rolling a bit, but my eye for low bar squat form is certainly not as trained as yours. Thank you.

YouTube

Narrow your stance by the width of one of your feet. Read and apply the thoracic extension article. Get tighter.